Monday 13 April 2015

Life in your 30's!

   If you think life is great in your 20's just wait until you hit your 30's, and it all becomes clear!

"YUP!! In my thirties and I feel like my life is the shit! I have my career, car, kids husband, a spare tire to keep me warm in the winter months and I have learnt if you don't like me get in line because it's a long wait"

That was a response I gave in a mom group this morning and I know I'm not alone. I spent so many years thinking that I was behind expectations, worrying about what others thought about me, and comparing what others success was to mine and for what?
My children, and husband are the most important things in my life so the rest is just a bonus except for the spare tire maybe.
Sure life has changed since my 20's, there is more responsibility, planning and stress but that's life. Eventually we all have to grow up but it also means that life gets more awesome! I do whatever I want, when I want, make choices that work for my family, focus on positive relationships,  and don't worry about other opinions.
As we get older we focus on what we really need, already have, and what really matters.
I guess the 40's must be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment