Monday 25 November 2013

First Christmas DIY


I love decorating for Christmas!!! Yes I say Christmas so if I am offending anyone too bad it is never going to change!!! I am not much of a " Do it Yourself" Kind of person, but sometimes I get an idea and just give it a go.
Last Friday I was showing homes to out of town clients and saw something that I thought was unique. The sellers for the one home had all of their pictures on the walls wrapped up like Christmas presents! I thought that this was a great way to add a little extra holiday touch to decorating! Usually I decorate just a week before Christmas so I must have really been inspired because it is not even December yet!!!
 I have always struggled with what to put on the wall over the fireplace. Aside from the Christmas season there is always a black and white painting hanging on the wall. I always put it away and then try to come up with something to put in its place for two weeks.  Here is what I had done two years ago.
Last year was pretty much the same but I was so busy with just having Bella that I didn't even think to take any pictures. As much as I loved everything about the colours, tree, etc..., the one thing that kept bothering me was the wall above the fireplace.
So on Saturday after I left the office I decided to pick up a few extra bulbs to add to the 400 plus collection and grabbed some wrapping paper, ribbon and an over sized bow! I LOVE HOME SENSE!!!!



After a long day this is the living room décor for Christmas 2013 in the Pasquini Household!
What are your thoughts on this idea? Do you have any unique DIY decorating ideas that you do yourself? I just may attempt something else since I am so far ahead this year! I can't wait to put gifts under the tree this year!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment