Sunday 3 November 2013

My Two ``AHA MOMENTS``on a Friday Night Out!

   Before I go into my blog I thought it would be fitting to show how I really look when I am tired. Dark circles, bad hair, and forgot to wash the make up off last night. Yup I look too hot this morning to pass on a self taken photo looking my finest. It`s okay I am not impressed with how I look so I don`t expect you to be!
 Friday is what we all wait for right? Well I have learnt that once you are a parent Friday is just another day. This Friday turned out to be an extra long. Bella and Antonio woke up earlier then usual, I had appointments that didn't end until 8:30, and I went out!!! Yes I went out. I don't get out much as staying out past my bedtime results in a struggle to get through the next day. Yes I have a bed time!! Who else is going to wake up for disaster 1 and 2 at random hours. Not hubby that's for sure he sleeps like a bear. MEN!!!!! Enough of that rant, that is as a completely different blog post.
 I was invited out by a friend/mortgage agent I work with who is not only a great business woman but also a mom of 3 boys!!! She actually makes me jealous because she looks like a super model and has the personality of a saint! The truth is she does it all and makes me look really bad! Yes Lilly you make me look like a terrible mother and a wife. You some how do it all!
I really didn't want to go anywhere Friday but hubby said I needed the break but forgot to tell me that he was going to sleep in when the kids woke up. My idea of a break would be a self induced coma for about three days but I`m just thinking out loud. I made it out and had a great time. It was an event for a mortgage agent who won an award from the Hamilton Spectator. It was nice to see so much support for this woman from her friends, family, colleagues, and clients. I guess I can say this was work related but with wine. Relax it was only one small glass I am responsible!  We were sitting at the table talking and one of the women made my night with our conversation. Lately I have not been doing any cleaning, cooking, errands etc... I know that I have to get back into it but I could really care less what my house looks like right now. My conversation with her made not only my night, but gave ,me some relief as I am  not the only one who does these things. You are probably wondering what it's pretty simple so here I go. I like to call these my two "AHA MOMENTS"

A) If the laundry is in the hamper folded (if it even gets folded) it doesn't always have to make it into the drawers.
B) The dishes don't have to be washed until the following morning.

Like I said it was two simple things but I carry a little less guilt knowing I am not alone.
Maybe you think I am crazy, lazy, demanding etc... I am just trying to make it work. Oh and that whole waking up at 4:30 crap I was talking about, I haven't done it in over a week. ,  I really need to get back on track which includes putting the quits on the Halloween candy for breakfast!!!  Tomorrow is a new day!

Here is a question before I forget:  Am I the only one who has children that are a complete nightmare today? I guess the clocks going back an hour doesn't apply to anyone under 12!

Happy Sunday off to prepare for an open house!

No comments:

Post a Comment